The Home-Cell Organism

When I lay in bed at night and hear the whirl of the dishwasher or the hum of the dryer, I am reminded that the home is a living organism. The rotation of the laundry, and the rotation of the dishes. The cycle of cook and clean. These sequence of reactions are what keep the home-cell  alive and in good health, even when it's keepers sleep.  

This reminds me of our Keeper who never slumbers nor sleeps. He is always active and working within His people for His perfect will. The good word is true for all those who are in Christ: "he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion" (Philippians 1:6). Even when a good work has been completed in me, the Lord sets about to do another; the rhythm of a life sanctified. Although in Christ it is finished, on this side of heaven, His work is never done. He is constant and set for the sequence of creation and redemption for His glory.

Ever working Father, I want to be like You.
I want to be in motion for Your glory.
Shape our days and our priorities.
Give us the grace to seek You in the daily rhythms of our home.
They often leave me feeling discouraged and discontent.
Would You fill my heart with thanksgiving?
That it might spill from my lips as I labor over the life You have given me.
Give us a deeper desire to be intentional, to be good stewards of the hours, day and night. 
May everything we do in and out of the home bring glory to You alone.
May the love of Christ control us.
Keep our hands on the plow, Lord, and our eyes fixed on You.
May the ordinary tasks become extraordinary as offer them to You in worship.
In the name Christ; the only one who is able.
Amen.

Comments