'Testify'

You are calling me from the wandering.
From my tent, You say, "I have chosen you to be a foreign people in a foreign land. I have sent you, my elect exile. Obey my voice and it shall be well with you. Build your house, plant your gardens, have sons and daughters, multiply, and seek the welfare of the city."

In Your love and faithfulness,
You are rebuilding me.
Again, vineyards will be planted, and I will enjoy the fruit of my hands.

All that I knew to be home is in ruins.
Home is in flames, captured and plundered.
The city I once knew, devoured.
Yet I have survived the sword.
I have found grace in the wilderness.

Like my father and my mother, You have called me away from country and kindred
into the promised land.
Like my brothers and my sisters, You have brought me out of the house of slavery.
In the wilderness, You have become my God. 

With tent on my shoulders and quiver on my back, I sojourn. 

By faith, I walk...

With Your cloud by day, You lead me and shade me.
With Your fire by night, I walk into the dark neither afraid nor without sight.
When enemies pursue me, You fight for me.
When I am forgotten, You remember.
When my body aches, when my incurable hurt and grievous wounds are exposed,
You lay me down in safety, 
and by Your stripes, I am healed.

You make me lie in green pastures.
Beside still waters, I send out roots. 
By living streams, I replant.
In the field of grace, my leaves become green.
In fertile land, I bear fruit. 
In You, I am a new creation.





Comments